Biorb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emmawilco

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all I recently purchased a biorb tank 60l and had 3 goldfish. I think one may have caught white spot and has now died also his friend died early today. Can you please let me know if you think this is white spot? And what I can do to prevent the last fish from dying too.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429208086.120916.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Goldfish should not be kept in a 15 gallon tank. They were most likely stressed out in there.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
10g betta, nano fish, shrimp
3g betta

Small tanks stress out goldfish. I started with one in q 2.5 gallon and needless to say I ran into ick. Ich is your "white spot" disease. It is stress induced usually. Your fish stress would be from a likely uncycled tank and too small tank size. I would rehome the last one, if possible. They get too big for a 15g.

This chart helps give a visual, the goldfish in a bowl thing is something that needs to die off already..

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429222606.336412.jpg

Add on a heater and there is plenty of tropical fish you can do in a 15g. And if the tank is cycled properly, you won't see this disease again hopefully(unless it was on the fish at the store).

Hope this helps.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Thank you for your help. We are new to all of this and even asked on the pet shop if it's ok to keep goldfish in the 60l tank and they said that we could have 3. Unfortunately the last one died before I got home from work yesterday. My partner purchased the biorb heater so we are going to get tropical fish. I cleaned the whole tank out and set it all up again last night, how long before we can buy some little tropical fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom