Black gill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kinda hard to get a good look at it Capt, although I can see the black line. Can you get a profile shot as well?

In the meantime, is the angel acting unusual? Any breathing probs? When did the black mark appear/how long has he/she had it? How old is the angel (is it possible its simply one of the normal markings that is just becoming very visible)? And, on a personal note, is that a Koi? Pretty baby :)

Looks like a marble angel, correct? I would worry more if the gills were red and swollen, which is a common gill disease.

Being what appears to be a marble angel, the color pattern is non-symmetrical and it could be a normal color.

A picture of each gill would be beneficial.

Did it appear suddenly capt? It does look a bit unusual. At first I thought it was simply part of the color pattern; now I'm not sure. I'm also not sure what it is tho. I'd pop on over to the angelfish forum and post some of the pics there along with your question; some of the top angelfish folk in the business frequent the site - maybe they are familiar with whats going on: http://www.angelfish.net/yabbse/index.php

In the meantime, answer the questions I asked initially and see if we can figure anything out.

Allivymar,
Thank you for your advice. I definitely will. Here are the answers:
is the angel acting unusual?
No, he(she) is behaving just fine. I do not notice any unusial behavior.
Any breathing probs?
Not that I notice
When did the black mark appear/how long has he/she had it?
I have not noticed that before some time ago after the near death experience - devil posessed me and I fed him an earth worm. It was a very small one, and I rinsed it really well but this angel gulped it whole and after that started convulsing and falling to the bottom, and floating upside down :roll: - anyway presenting very scary behavior 8O . I could almost bet that this gill thing appeared after that - but cannot be sure.
How old is the angel (is it possible its simply one of the normal markings that is just becoming very visible)?
I really do not know. I have had it since October.
And, on a personal note, is that a Koi ?
- you know, it is a very good question, but I have looked at the pictures of koi angels and the pattern just not really the same. I have another one, he is black and has very pretty pattern, I will make good picture and post it - now that one is pretty.

Back
Top Bottom