Black lace angel sick or harmed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snailpufferguy

Aquarium Advice Activist
My 60 gallon tank has a beautiful black lace angel and lately I've seen some problems in the last 2 days he has tattered fins and thick cloudy white spots on him not like ich but bigger I'm not sure what could be causing this but I do have 4 reasons and maybe one is right

1- My 2 Siamese algae eaters are sucking on him I've seen this in stores
2- The betta is attacking his fins most likely because of the misconception he looks like a betta I've kept angels with bettas in smaller tanks and saw no problems.
3- I highly doubt it but maybe one of my 2 kissing gouramis is attacking him they have big mouths but I really don't think this is true because they are gentle giants.
4- Maybe some kind of disease I don't know what though.

Sorry for the blurriness but you can make out the white spots on his head area and on his ventral fins any help is welcome thank you! 1451444144216.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

These could be attack wounds or a bacterial/fungal infection. Columnaris would be my first guess because of the head but attack wound would be from the fin wound. So for now, I would place the fish in isolation( you can use a divider in the main tank) to see if it gets worse or better on it's own but if it get's worse within a day or 2, I would use a hospital tank immediately and medicate for both parasites and bacteria.

Hope this helps (y)

He is still quite small and right now the only tank avaliable I have is a planted 10 gallon there's no fish in there and it's very peaceful would that work for the little guy?

He is still quite small and right now the only tank avaliable I have is a planted 10 gallon there's no fish in there and it's very peaceful would that work for the little guy?

If it is in fact Columnaris, it would infect the other tank so NO, that's not a good place to put him in. For now, I would use a divider to isolate the fish from the others in the current tank. If necessary, use a clean bucket with an airstone in it and put the fish in there overnight and get a proper divider tomorrow. (y)

Back
Top Bottom