Black Molly swimming like he has a messed up back...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saa5886

Aquarium Advice Freak
So as many of you know, I QTed my black molly into a different tank. He went from the 25 gallon to a small 3 gallon setup. I noticed over time he would sit in a certain position in this tiny setup, basically curving his spine in an S shape.
When I moved him back into the 25 gallon today, I noticed his back is still in an S shape. He wasnt like that before I moved him, but now hes swimming like he has chiropractic problems...
Will this fix itself over time with enough space, or what?:confused:

It was probably the smaller tank and dirtier water. The smaller the container, the worse the water. He was probably stressed from that and the meds (if you used them) and hopefully with clean water, he will straighten back out!
When I got 2 of my bettas, they were bent in the middle from the cramped conditions, but they straightened out in about 3 days. :)

thank god! I changed his water daily....but I know it still isnt ideal. Hopefully he gets better. Aseem was googling "fish chiropractors" for us to take him too lol. I thought it would be hilarious if we took him to a place and were like "what? it says fish chiropractic on the sign. Ooooh thats your name" lol

Alright well, its been two days now, and he literally hovered in the same place all day yesterday. When I woke up this morning he was sleeping on the gravel at the bottom. He seems to be swimming around a tad more, so thats good.... weird.

Back
Top Bottom