black moor blood in eye =(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sunjoo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi

I recently moved my black moor goldfish indoors into a smaller tank because he was getting bullied by the koi fish in the 3ft tank I have. he also had a small amount of blood in his right eye but now the amount of blood has increased, should i put him back in to the 3ft tank?

also what sort of medication should i give?

thanks

i did 45% water changes every day and the blood in his eye has reduced a fair bit but yesterday and today his movement is decreasing and he also isnt eating, ive tried giving him tetra flakes, tetra gold, bloodworm and hikari but nothing all he does is put it in his mouth and spit it back out.

i,ve been changing the water using aqua safe

There are many reasons for blood in the eye, could be a injury, popeye can cause blood vessels to pop, and oxygen deprivation as well. Start with clean water and well oxygenated water and watch him for a few days as far as his diet...I wouldn't feed food except a deshelled thawed pea to help with any blockage if present during this time though.

There are many reasons for blood in the eye, could be a injury, popeye can cause blood vessels to pop, and oxygen deprivation as well. Start with clean water and well oxygenated water and watch him for a few days as far as his diet...I wouldn't feed food except a deshelled thawed pea to help with any blockage if present during this time though.

thanks that helped alot

but today i did a 35% water change using aqua safe, my dad then fed the fish i go out to check on the fish 2 mins later i see a cut at the back of my black moors eye and blood coming out. i didnt want to take him out in case the eye gets worst so i left him in the tank and sectioned him away from the other fish.

what medicine should i get?
i hope his gonna be ok his my favourite fish

also i checked the water conditions with tetra 6 in 1 and everything seems fine

i have him in a 3ft tank with 2 air stones, 1 heater and the filter is a fluval u3

the fish are 2 large koi's which i think may have caused this
4 baby koi's
1 shubunkin

my tank has no decorations so i can rule that out

Back
Top Bottom