Black Moor Goldfish - Fungus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mssbass

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Urgent - this is my daughter's goldfish. I added a fish to his tank (cichlid) and either a disease was transferred or the cichlid attacked him. A few days ago, I removed the cichlid and have been trying to treat the goldfish with LifeGuard (1/4 tablet daily); however, it seems the white fungus is getting worse. I don't know whether to try Epsom salt or something for fungus. I'd hate to lose him.

Attachments

• IMG_0602.jpg
    IMG_0602.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 4,229
  • IMG_0595.jpg
    IMG_0595.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 1,542
Last edited:
I thought I do water changes after all antibiotics have been completed (5 days for LifeGuard)?

depends on what medication you're using but personally I always continue water changes through medicating for this kind of problem and just dose the new water with the same dosage of the medication if needed. The benefit of the fresh water is just so important most of the time.

Do you have a test kit or can you take a water sample to a pet store to test, just to know what the baseline water quality is?

anti-fungal/microbal medicines
Methylene blue
Furan-2
Acriflavine
Choose one of the meds (they have furan-2 and acriflavine at walmart for 4 bucks)
Fresh water, heat and some AQ salt, epsom salt is not correct one thats for bloated fish.

Back
Top Bottom