Black moor has eye injury

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jenthedog

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My black moor got its eye caught in the siphon when I was changing the water today. It looks really bad. I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to fish care. I've had the fish a little over 2 years and always keep the tank really clean. Can anyone tell me what else to do as far as preventing infection? Is there any medication I can get to help? My fish hasn't had any health issues until today.
Thanks for any advice!

Welcome to AA!!!

Can you please provide us with your water parameters, tank size and normal water change schedule? A picture would be helpful, too!

Honestly, unless there are obvious signs of infection, the best medicine is lots and lots of healthy water. Change 50% of the water daily. Feed a nutritious diet. It will heal in time but just make sure he is able to access food easily and is given ample time to eat. Please ask if you have questions! :)

You could try getting MelaFix for your black moor, which rapidly repairs wounds. Other than that, I agree with jlk, change your water daily with at least 30%, and you should be okay:)

You could try Betta Revive:

BETTA REVIVE by Aquarium Solutions

Benefits:

Treats and controls
Protozoan Diseases
Fungal Diseases
Bacterial Diseases
Description on back:
prevents and controls protozoan diseases, bacterial diseases, fungal diseases
Active ingredients speed recovery
Safe and effective short-term treatment
For the prevention and control of disease of bettas, best used with daily water changes. One drop per 16 fl. oz. of water for at least 3 days. Discontinue use of Betta Revive after a cure has been achieved. Treatment should be discontinued after seven days. If cure has not been achieved use an alternative course of treatment.

Ingredients:

Water, neomycin sulfate (<10%), methylene blue (<0.5%), proprietary polymer mixture, buffers, EDTA, malachite green chloride (<0.01%), cyanoccobalamin, and electrolytes.

Distributed by Hikari Sales USA, Inc

http://reviews.petco.com/3554/102424...ws/reviews.htm

Friend of Bill W.
One day at a time

Melafix would be good if you notice it starts to be infected. In the mean time, do what JLK said and just keep the water pristine (or try). Also if he starts having stringy poop you might wanna also get some parasite medicine because it is a easier for the parasites to strike when they are injured.

Back
Top Bottom