black moor has injured eye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angelboyblue3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a black moor that is very aggressive about feeding in the rocks. Today he has a terrible swelling in his eye. Im not sure how badly he has damaged his eye, and im not sure what to do. I have done a partial water change. Changed the filter medium. The tank has about 1 teaspoon of salt per gallon and its temp is at 74 degrees. I dont have an isolation tank, but will have one in five days (though not set up properly). Help. thanks

Attachments

• sick_fish_053.jpg
    sick_fish_053.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 48
  • sick_fish_053.jpg
    sick_fish_053.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 55
  • sick_fish_025.jpg
    sick_fish_025.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 64
Keep up with water changes every couple of days, up the temp a smidge (a degree or two), and if you desire, try some broad-spec antibiotic.

It looks so very swollen, do you think he will lose it. It was a very sudden thing, it was fine and then 4 hours later it was terrible. Im so afraid he will lose it. sigh.

This morning its even bigger and not uniform in shape... its kind of lopsided. heeeelllp.

No I havent. I wont be able to get any until tuesday. I live in the middle of no-where. My friend is coming out monday. What kind of antibiotic should I use? I will have him bring it out to me. sniff sniff

Ill have my friend bring some in on monday. Tonight his eye seems less swollen and the "scab" looking growth seems to be soft and sloughing off. I cant tell if the eye is gone or the scab is just coming off. He seems more active and is very interested in oranges. In fact all my fish seem to raeally really like oranges. Hmm but I digress. Thanks for the advice. Ill give it a go.

THis morning he seems happy and feeding well. His eye is deflating though. I think he will lose it. sigh.

Back
Top Bottom