Black Moor missing scales!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Z3N157

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
20170716_113821.jpg

So I know it's hard to see but he was close enough to the side to take a picture. 40 gallon tank. We only have three fish in it. A common pleco, a comet, and this guy.

I've read about pleco eating slime coat off but this all happened in one night and we've never seen him go near the other two fish.

Tank is cycled and has been steadily at 0 nitrites and ammonia for over a month. Should I seperate him?

I would quarantine him just to monitor him and see if it's an illness or just battle scars. If it's battle scars it'll heal. If it's an illness then treatment is necessary. I had this problem a lot since I use to have African cichlids

Fairly certain he's going to die. Since quarantining him he is not doing any better. He can barely swim because his fins have almost no webbing. I just wish I knew what happened. Very frustrating and feel helpless to what could have happened in one night.

Assume it was the pleco but he's very large and the moor is very little. I've never witnessed the pleco even remotely caring that the other two fish exist. Even at night when I've stayed awake to see him active.

Either way after a couple months I've found a locally owned shop that's a little of a drive that will take the big guy so he can lead a better life than the jerk I bought the tank from....

Sorry if I rambled. Like I said just feel bad and helpless as I'm just guessing at this point.

Fairly certain he's going to die. Since quarantining him he is not doing any better. He can barely swim because his fins have almost no webbing. I just wish I knew what happened. Very frustrating and feel helpless to what could have happened in one night.

Assume it was the pleco but he's very large and the moor is very little. I've never witnessed the pleco even remotely caring that the other two fish exist. Even at night when I've stayed awake to see him active.

Either way after a couple months I've found a locally owned shop that's a little of a drive that will take the big guy so he can lead a better life than the jerk I bought the tank from....

Sorry if I rambled. Like I said just feel bad and helpless as I'm just guessing at this point.
Sorry to hear that...sounds like he did get beat up pretty bad

522006521.jpg522006515.jpg
Did the Rubbermaid bin with a HOB filter to quarentine. Works well but I think he's too far gone.

Back
Top Bottom