Black Moor with a white film???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no problem its slowly making a difference but nothing drastic so iam gonna treat for parasites next if thats ok i dont know how long to wait between two different meds

ryan-peddle said:
no problem its slowly making a difference but nothing drastic so iam gonna treat for parasites next if thats ok i dont know how long to wait between two different meds

I've been giving them a break between meds, but did just the reverse of you and went from the med food right into the foran2 (?). I think it'll be ok.

Hard to tell from the pics - is that white flakes inside the eye? or a white film outside?

If it is on the surface, and all water parameters are normal, then it is likely bacterial (so called fungus in fish is actually a bacterial infection (columnaris aka flexobacter).... true fungal infection is rare), and I might try a course of anti-biotic food. Eg. Romet B, Medi-Gold ...

If it is inside the eyes, and you see flecks rather than just homogenous pus like fluid, it may be a result of flukes (a parasite). Some sites said eye flukes are rare, others said that skin & gill flukes are common & might well show up in the eyes. Prazi is the first line of treatment here.

its like a crusty film on the outside of the eye of the black moor and the fantail has like these puss bubbles but they are like clear little bumps and the top fins are no longer clamped

If it looks like it is on top of the slime coat, then it is unlikely to be an internal parasite like flukes.

You can carry on with the anti-fungal treatment in the water if it appears to be helping. Often, because of the thickness of the body, meds in the water don't work too well in goldfish. Most goldfish sites suggest going straight to anti-biotic foods or injectables.

ok well i did the two treatments and then the water change which the directions said and they seem to be swimming more and the fins are no longer clamped i dont notice any body slime anymore just the poor eyes do you think it will hurt to do another treatment?

Back
Top Bottom