Black Neon Tetras not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason the Lost

Aquarium Advice Activist
Now I've only had them (5) in the tank for two days so I'm sure theyre a bit shy still...but even the occasional flake floating past them goes ignored. Tried some bloodworms to no avail. They seem happy, their colors got noticably darker after being in the tank a couple hours...how long should the fats go on before I worry. Any feeding suggestions?

I have 6 black neon tetras in my tank and they do the same thing. I am sure they are getting something to eat, they just eat while your not looking.

I've had them a couple weeks now and they are still doing fine, so just bear with them.

Neons are so small and mine never eat huge flakes off the top. they tend to eat the little bits that result after the big fish have chomped away. They are probably eating the flakes after they've floated around awhile and broken up a bit.

Yeah, my neon tetras take FOREVER to finally eat, they eat the little scraps that fall and even then they nibble....JET..nibble..JET... they ususally will find stuff around the tank when you're not lookin

Don't worry about them, I'm sure they are just getting used to their new home. I had a similar problem with my rummy nose tetras. I didn't see them eat for 2 weeks 8O but they adjusted fine after a while.

Back
Top Bottom