Black Skirt Tetra suspected fin rot.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChloeD

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have treated him with interpret medicine for fin rot as he has badly frayed fins but two weeks later he looks exactly the same. Hes acting as healthy as always.

Whilst searching the web I found out about long finned black tetras...now this may sound stupid but could he have always been like this and I havent noticed as he'd blended in with my other skirts? Crazy I know.
I highly doubt this but heres to hoping.
Anything to not have him sick.

Like I say hes acting healthy as ever just has frayed fins that dont look like my other skirts.

I shall attach a photo.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20140408_233308.jpg
    20140408_233308.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 112
IMO it looks like somebody has been chewing on him. It's quite possibly you did get him like that but I can't be certain. Personally, the only time I medicate any fish is new arrivals in my QT and that's ONLY if I suspect something. What size tank, tank mates, and what's in your filter ?

At the moment hes in a biorb 30 litre as id transferred my other fish gradually to my juwel rekord 700. (Angelfish needed new housing)
He had 2 other black skirts and two balloon mollies and a marble angelfish with him. Ive done 50% water change then a 25% one during the two weeks.

Personal I would suspect the Angels as the culprits since they can be quite nasty to others sometimes. But I'd like more info as to what's in your filter as far as media.

Back
Top Bottom