Black spots on my molly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maltesemolly

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One of my mollies has started rubbing herself up against things in the tank and I just noticed little black spots on her and she doesn't seem to look as nice as the other molly....

I've tried researching this and it sort of sounds like Ich? But I don't see the white spots, just black.

_MG_1395.jpg

I'm not sure if you can tell from this photo...but I see little black spots towards her back. Maybe I'm just seeing things, but she has definitely started rubbing up against things. What could this be?

Test your parameters and post the results. What test kit are you using?

I only have the test strips, which say everything is normal. I actually ordered the liquid test kit from amazon and it will be here this afternoon. So I will test with that when I get it and post my results.

Alright. Post those when you test. Black spots sounds like ammonia poisoning.

Ok I got my liquid test kit, and tested the ph, ammonia, and nitrate and nitrite. I also vacuumed the gravel and changed some of the water.

I think the tests look good. I got 0 ammonia, ph was 7, nitrate and nitrite 0.

So it can't be ammonia poisoning right?:confused:

Ok thank you for the help. Do you think that is why she keeps rubbing herself up against the tank?

Ok I have an update on my molly

UPDATE: I have been doing water changes and gravel vac since, and keeping ammonia at 0... unfortunately I've just noticed little white dots on about half of the fish *see pic*

_MG_1403.jpg_MG_1405.jpg

Could someone please tell me if this is Ich? I'm thinking it is since they are rubbing themselves and have those white dots, but I am so new at this I might be completely wrong.

If it is can I treat using the salt and heat method because I have shrimp? I also have meds that I bought just in case, but I can't use that on the shrimp...I know I'm getting ahead of myself since I don't even know if this is really Ich..:(

Back
Top Bottom