Blackend Platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martiniduck

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello, I have a Sunburst Platy. She has developed a darkening of her scales around her gills and across her back (dorsal side) all the way back to her tail. They are not dots, but what looks like a darkening of her pigment. I don't know if this is just a sign of aging or if this is an illness. I have not noticed any weird behaviors except that she seems slightly shy. She still comes running for food at feeding time.

1~What type of fish is afflicted? Sunburst Platy.
2~What are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, pH)? Ammonia=0 Nitrites=0 Nitrates=20 PH=8.2

3~ How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up? 29g set up for a year.

4~What type of filtration are you using? HOB Penguin 150 & Under gravel with powerheads.

5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes? 4 Mollies 3 Platies, and 4 Cories.

6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time? Did a 40% WC 2 days ago with a Python. I do it weekly.

7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them? i have had the fish from the start.

8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.?No changes I did have some fry in the tank for a couple of weeks, they are now at new homes.

9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently? Feed them flakes (Tetra Crisps) and FD Tubifex worms. No change in feeding. I was giving the fry some First bites for a bit but switched to flakes as they grew.
moz-screenshot-2.png

moz-screenshot-1.png
I tried to take a picture but the coloration is not noticeable in the photo. Has anyone have any ideas?

ive got a couple red wags that have the same thing... its more on their head, but goes all the way out their spine. they have fry all the time and seem to be fine, so im assuming its just some weird something

Back
Top Bottom