Bloat Cure?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mtiano710

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So ive noticed that my Bristle-nose pleco has developed some bloat. I have tried preforming a water change, I have given him a Epsom salt bath, and I have even tried to fed him peas. Ive had him for going on a year now and has alway had drift wood and a fake piece of drift wood in the same tank. I have never personally seem him on the real drift wood what so ever or even make an effort to go after the algae wafers. But the tank walls are always cleaned lol. But when i did my last tank rearranging I took the drift wood out. Should i put it back in? please any help would be appreciated. Here are just some pictures that i was able to take today.

Attachments

• 20200413_084444.jpg
    20200413_084444.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 20200413_084458.jpg
    20200413_084458.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 20200413_092016.jpg
    20200413_092016.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 20200413_084511.jpg
    20200413_084511.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 26
You should definitly put the Real driftwood back in. Plecos like to eat it and you should know that some fish that get bloat will appear to get better and not bloat to much and then the next day will be even worse in bloat it goesnlike that until they eventually just die. It doesn't mean that yours will die but stay on top of water changes and make sure you feed at night right before the lights go out or get a red flashlight and turn all the lights off at night and turn the red flash light on so you can see where the pleco is and no disturb them and drop food in the open where he likes to hang out and he should eventually find it. You can make a diy red flashligh by just putting red tissue paper over the light to dim it or color over the lens of the flashlight with redsharpie and it will dim it or

just Turn the fish tank light off and turn any non super bright lights on in the room and turn all the bright lights of in the room so you can just see the pleco and then feed and turn all the lights off.

I don't know how I do it but sometimes a fish will get better form bloat but I have know idea how to "cure" it. I just do what I normally do and try to make sure everything is comfortable for my fish and let nature take it's course and find out if the fish won or the problem won I always root for the fish. Besides I feel good when I can beat bloat but sometimes things like this happen the best you can do I make the pleco comfortable and make sure he gets what he needs and everything will be aligned for him to have a successful recovery or a comfortable passing rather then being torn aprt from the inside out because something it's owner did affected it like water quality so I wish you best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom