Bloated and constippated fish cure....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sholi

Aquarium Advice Activist
i have a hi-fin platy which i am taking care of the "fatness" already.

But what are some cure that i can use for my platy?
-cucumber?
-i know tinned beans could work
-lettuce
-what things can be used for constipation?

*I already know all of the things about fish health, just need the cure.

Thanx :)

Are you exactly sure that your Platy is constipated and bloated? I ask this because the last two threads about your platy (Ich thread and somethings wrong with my platy thread), there was nothing wrong with your platy. I'm not trying to be mean or anything :) It's also cool that your a awesome fish keeper that cares so much about there fish.

My recommendation for bloated constipated fish is to slow down on feed (feed once or twice every 2-3 days) and before giving the food, pre-soak it in garlic-juice

Epsom salts in the amount of 1tbs per 5g slowly dissolved over a few hours with fasting for 2-3 days usually works. What makes you think the fish is bloated rather than simply just overfed?

Are you exactly sure that your Platy is constipated and bloated? I ask this because the last two threads about your platy (Ich thread and somethings wrong with my platy thread), there was nothing wrong with your platy. I'm not trying to be mean or anything :) It's also cool that your a awesome fish keeper that cares so much about there fish.

My recommendation for bloated constipated fish is to slow down on feed (feed once or twice every 2-3 days) and before giving the food, pre-soak it in garlic-juice

LOL i always thought bloated meant overweight, my mistake :D

But anyways, i do a lot of research on other sites and ask a lot of questions on other websites, yea, i know he's constipating.

Yea he's been constipating because of the flakes i fed him, i only fed him flakes for the first week i had him, hopefully i'll get peas soon, but for the time being, will any other vegetable cure my fish's constipation?

I wouldn't think so, as far as I can think of...
When feed flakes, pre-soak them in garlic juice

Back
Top Bottom