Bloated congo tetras?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aldog332001

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just got home from work to notice 2 of my 5 congo tetra's a bit bloated. This worried me because I haven't feed in about 12 hours. Also i just had an angel pass but was completely different in its stomach sank and stopped eating. I could use all the help i could get im new to the hobby.

1~What type of fish is afflicted? Congo tetra
2~Ammonia- 0ppm
nitrites-0ppm
nitrates-unknown
temp- 80-82
pH- unknown
3~ How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up?
75 gallon for 5 weeks
4~What type of filtration are you using?
Fluval FX4
5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes?
All growing fish
3 med angelfish
1 gold gourami
1 german blue ram
5 congo tetra
8 neon tetra
6 bronze corys
5 juli corys
6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time?
Did a 50% water change last monday
Normal schedule is 25% every monday
Vacuum gravel 2-3 times a month
7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them?
Corys have been the newest addition
8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.?
Add sechem prime every water change
Moved decor around just prior
9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently?
Normal food is a tropical flake with a algae tab for the corys with the occasional bloodworm

Skip a couple of days feeding and monitor. Are they swimming ok?

How much are you feeding? Once a day as much as is eaten in 3 minutes is fine.

Right now i feed twice a day what the tank can consume in about a minute and a half.

I did isolate the two in a 20 gallon tank with a small amount of aquarium salt before i left for work.

Will skip their feedings and see how that works for them. Thank you for the help.

Back
Top Bottom