blue german ram turning BAD COLORS -- help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mgkaelen

Aquarium Advice Freak
not sure if i should be posting in "unhealthy fish" or not! does anyone have blue german rams that have turned blackish?

you know when tiger barbe get older that start to turn that black in between their stripes? it's happening to the right side of my female blue german ram and i think she is acting a little strange as well. i do'nt know water params right off the bat, but would stress change her colors to something like that? and i know it's not the water params itself that is turning her this color. is this permanent? she doesn't seem lethargic, but her mouth is glub glubbing faster than my male ram and i'm nervous something is wrong! she did eat tonight though, so who knows. has anyone had this sort of discoloration occur?

Over the last couple of days, I was changing fish around and my rams turned a dark, dark color. It was stress induced and now that they are in their new tank, all is well.
I am concerned about your ram in regards to the "glubbing." Does she seem distressed? Is she at the surface gulping for air? How long have you had her? Is the male ram changing colors?

thanks for the response menagerie; so the coloring went away when the stress went away? i'll get a water test tomorrow and try to fix my water params and do a water change. as for the "glubbing", she's not at the surface at all, she is just swimming around and compared to the ram her mouth is just moving about twice as fast as his is. the male hasn't changed colors much, though. i've had them both for about 2 months (got them together). she is acting more odd than usual which gives me reason to be alarmed; she is just kind of hanging out in the plants by herself. poor girl!

Back
Top Bottom