Blue glofish health issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dartzy2

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all. Wanted to get some other opinions of what might be going on with my blue glofish, “Blue”. I’ve had Blue with a couple of his glofish buddies for three years now in a twenty high. There is also a pair of gold angles in with them. They were added some time ago but were added never less. Along the way I lost Pink, Yellow and Green. The first two seemed like normal, if you will, deaths. Old age? There was nothing there that was visible to make me think they were sick. The Green guy had some spots on him similar to Blue when he passed. Over the last few months, Blue started out with a white patch and has progressively gotten worse and now has white lumps and what look like blisters on his body. He still acts fine. Very active, eating. No visible signs of stress, etc. His brothers, Red and one White skirt, are perfectly fine, as is the breeding pair of angels. Anyone have any idea of what might be happening to him? I’ve included a before pic with one of the angels and the other three are of him now. ??? It’s much more severe then the photos show, too. 24039A21-7BD5-4989-B6BC-56B6E4DF3D52.jpg

20200923_193530.jpg
53492005-ED92-4C40-AC61-F8D4D34382EC.jpg
IMG_1320.jpg

The Glofish's immune system is evidently weakened, possibly due to aging. The white cysts look to be Lymphocystis, an incurable
Virus specific to fish.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking the same thing actually.

Back
Top Bottom