Blue Ram Cichlid has white lumps on head PLEASE HELP!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

svanda02

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I have a 29 gal freshwater tank, mainly guppies, some shrimp, an algae eater, a silver dollar, some killies, just a normal community tank. The past few months things have been great, no casualties, all happy till these past few days. My Blue Ram Cichlid has lumps on head that look like white head zits, kinda have redness, he is swimming fine, eating and only kinda breathing fast but that is normal. I have no idea what is wrong with him!! I do a regular vacuum every week, not sure what this is! Please help!! Is it contagious?
:fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2::(:(:confused::confused::confused: ATTACHED a pic of him

Attachments

• spikespic.jpg
    spikespic.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 314
What temperature is your tank at? Is your tank cycled? How long has it been set up?
Have you tested your water with a test kit recently?

thanks for replying

GOOD MORNING.. The tank is over a year old and cycled the temp is 78.. always vacuum it on Wednesdays..... about 25-30% water changes every week when vacuuming it...

How long have you had the ram? You should do a 50% pwc every week because blue rams are sensitive fish.
Do you have a test kit? Have any fish had any strange behavior recently?

Re:

I have had him for about 7-8 Months, there are no other problems in the tank. I posted pics to show more of him and the clarity of the tank. 50%???? I was told not to do more than 30-40%... Good to know (y)Thank YOU (y).. This is the first time I had problems with any unhealthy fish in a few months, DEF the first time he has been sick and first time I have ever saw these growths. :blink:
( I ran out of test strips that seemed to work pretty well, saving up to get a test kit because they are kinda expencive. Splurdged on a vacuum that hooks up to the faucet last time and saving up for the good testing kit.)

Attachments

• DSCF2563.jpg
    DSCF2563.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 179
  • DSCF2567.jpg
    DSCF2567.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 515
  • DSCF2566.jpg
    DSCF2566.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 379
  • DSCF2574.jpg
    DSCF2574.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 174
side view of tank to show clarity

Here is some more pics... CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT this is? PLEASE!!!!!!!:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::hide::eek:

Attachments

• DSCF2563.jpg
    DSCF2563.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 125
  • DSCF2576.jpg
    DSCF2576.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 145
Is he still in the net? If so, you should let him out.
I recommend the API freshwater master test kit, I got mine for 25$ from
amazon.com
I'm sorry, but I have no idea what those growths could be. Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in.

No no not in net!!!!

I was in the process of taking him out and snapped a few pics, I put him in a nursary tank with fresh water and 50% from the tank and I trying some meds, the temp is around 80 and trying a salt treatment, with water changes daily and also trying this AP Quick Cure for Protozoan parasites and Ick... Hopefully it does the trick.. Hes swimming and happy in there..
THANKS FOR YOUR ADVISE... :thanks: Fishman

STILL NOT SURE WHAT IS GOING ON WITH HIM hopefully this will help....:ermm:

I still dont know what I am treating ... so this is a stab in the dark, and hoping for the best!!! If anyone know what I could do please let me know, I tried and tried searching it... no luck :banghead:

Try seachem paraguard, I've found it works well on my tank, covers a broad spectrum of illnesses. The pics of the illness looks like tumours though of which there is not much you can do on a Ram.

Back
Top Bottom