Blue ram sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erikmoseley

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just noticed there's a sick fish forum!
Im thinking I have some sort of parAsite. Bought some tetras from and didn't have a qt tank so acclimated them right in to my tank. Lost 5 of 6 of then in 48 hrs. Other one is alive a weekl later. Did water change Sunday. 2 days after getting them. Water is 79 deg. Ph is higher than rams normally like but my tap is and they've been great for 6 months in same conditions. And no deaths of any tank mates. Ph is 7.6 or so. Zero ammonia or nitrites and 20 nitrate. My other ram died earlier I. The week but showe no signs he was sick. Now this one who normally comes up and gets food outta my hand is not ok. It's still swims with it belly on bottom all around and is eating but he sinks to bottom every time he tries to come up (she I mean). Really wanna save her what do I do? Have lots of filtration on tank but during last pwc I took out bubble wand so no more air stone. Could that play a part? What do I treat with?

Back
Top Bottom