Boyance Issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dwohlge1

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 2 fancy goldfish in a 25 gallon. I have had them for 6 months. I feed them NLS pellets.

Ammo 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10

My Ryukin has an issue that whenever he eats the NLS pellets he then hovers at the top almost like he cannot stop floating. He fights to get to the bottom but just floats right back up. This lasts around 4 hours then he is fine.

I have tried feeding them peas. I have tried not feeding them for 3 days. I have tried soaking the food for ten minutes before feeding. I also fed them nothing but peas for 4 days. Nothing works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This started about 3 weeks ago.

I have 2 fancy goldfish in a 25 gallon. I have had them for 6 months. I feed them NLS pellets.

Ammo 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10

My Ryukin has an issue that whenever he eats the NLS pellets he then hovers at the top almost like he cannot stop floating. He fights to get to the bottom but just floats right back up. This lasts around 4 hours then he is fine.

I have tried feeding them peas. I have tried not feeding them for 3 days. I have tried soaking the food for ten minutes before feeding. I also fed them nothing but peas for 4 days. Nothing works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This started about 3 weeks ago.

Wow, I've never heard of anything like this. I could throw out a guess and say when his stomach gets full it could be messing with his swim bladder some how and when he eventually digust it his stomach goes down the swim bladder works again.

Honestly I have no idea i'm throwing a guess. Humans have mutations in their genes, i'm sure fish do too.

Back
Top Bottom