Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Brilliant Rasbora & Harlequin Rasbora with protruding & mis-shapen stomachs! Help?

I have a 40 gal. freshwater planted aquarium with 10 brilliant Rasbora, 8 harlequin Rasbora...I woke this mornin.g & they all looked fine....Now half of EA. Type if Rasbora have protruding stomachs, odd shapes! Camera not working sorry! Also a few of the Rasbora look darker in color. I have had this tank up & established for 2 mo. Did not overfeed. Water parameters are:
PH: 7
Ammo: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrates: 0 as they have been for four wks. Now. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance. Jen

Old 05-18-2012, 08:36 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

Also, I noticed a small white dot (ick?) On one of the Harlequin Rasbora...sick tank... PLEASE HELP...I KNOW IT'S FRIDAY...YET IF ANYONE IS AROUND...I NEED YOU. NVR. SEEN THIS BEFORE, COULD BE DROUPY??? IDK???

Old 05-19-2012, 01:14 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennie L
Also, I noticed a small white dot (ick?) On one of the Harlequin Rasbora...sick tank... PLEASE HELP...I KNOW IT'S FRIDAY...YET IF ANYONE IS AROUND...I NEED YOU. NVR. SEEN THIS BEFORE, COULD BE DROUPY??? IDK???
Im not sure what it is, it is hard to diagnose bloated belly but my experience with bloated bellies has never ended well. Could be constipation.

Thing I noticed is you have 0 nitrates which usually is a sign your tank isn't successfully cycled. Maybe someone can provide some additional info. I would first start treating for constipation as it can't hurt.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Question

Well today I woke up to find two of my Harliquin Razors jumped out of my open tank. :'( I would really like to put a hood on it yet it is built w/nothing to hold a standard hood on it! Any ideas on who sells or makes custum hoods or where I may be able to order one??? Hate for this to happen again. Angus suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you one & all!
Old 05-29-2012, 04:05 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Well today I woke up to find two of my Harliquin Razors jumped out of my open tank. :'( I would really like to put a hood on it yet it is built w/nothing to hold a standard hood on it! Any ideas on who sells or makes custum hoods or where I may be able to order one??? Hate for this to happen again. Angus suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you one & all!
Any normal tank with a black rim around it should accept a standard glass cover. They are relatively inexpensive and can be found at most LFS if it is a standard tank size. Typically every tank I have bought has come with a glass cover.

Theyllok like this. And make sure you get a plastic piece with it as that is for the back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120529_130115.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	97521  
Old 05-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thanks for the advise yet this is a RIMLESS tank with no brakets to hold the glass in place. Yet thank you all the same. Jennie
Old 05-30-2012, 02:42 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Thanks for the advise yet this is a RIMLESS tank with no brakets to hold the glass in place. Yet thank you all the same. Jennie
Try this site they have pretty good prices as well

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/fish-s...ps/c/3578/3731

Tags
harlequin, harlequin rasbora, rasbora, stomach

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com