Bristlenose pleco with internal bleeding around sucker?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

becrac16

Aquarium Advice Activist
my young albino bristlenose has turned red under his sucker, about where a chin would be. It looks like it could be internal bleeding but I'm not sure. It's very possible he could have sucked up something too big or sharp. Has anyone else ever dealt with this? I wish i could get a picture but unfortunately my camera can't focus that close. Please help!

I wonder if there is any way that you could look in there? And possibly use tweezers? I remember a post on here not too long ago where the same thing happened.

I can't see anything in there when he's up sucking on the glass... If it is a piece of food, do you think it would dissolve eventually? I'm Scared I would hurt/kill him with the tweezers

The other thread wasn't really what happened to mine, he seemed fine but just the redness around his sucker. But it has cleared up magically and he's jolly as ever. He's starting to recognize me when I come around and come out for food. I have a feeling it may have been a hunk of food that was lodged but somehow dissolved or something. I'm just glad it got figured out somehow!

Back
Top Bottom