Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-29-2021, 11:37 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

BROKEN shell help please!!

So I'm new to this. I know the forum said unhealthy fish well mine is a snail..I was cleaning the gravel in my aquarium with the worst tool ever! Its the gravel cleaner with the tube you have to pump up and down to gain suction and when doing this I broke my nitrite snails shell pretty bad. I can't tell if his body is exposed or not. its from the side to the back almost. I feel awful!! I've had this little guy for about a year and he has been doing so good and now I've done this. Please any advice is greatly appreciated! I've called local 911 vets and they kind of laugh and dismiss me. I'm new to this so I hope that someone can help and I'm doing this right!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210429_222648.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	224.2 KB
ID:	320696  

Old 05-04-2021, 12:15 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

There is trying to glue a piece of eggshell to the snails shell.

You can boil a shell to get any odd bacteria from it.

Cool it down.

Find / make a piece which looks the right size.

Then making sure not to get any on the body of the snail.

Get Cyanoacrylate gel glue.

Take the snail, put a dot of glue on the egg shell to affix to the snails damaged part.

If you have to, you could put the glue around the damaged part, avoiding the crack itself as much as possible.

Chances are if it works and the snail lives awhile longer, then it could eventually break off and you would do it again.

I had a snail live a decent amount of time after a crack. Also had to repair it again because the glued on piece fell off.

All you can do is try.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com