Bugs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fireman731

Aquarium Advice Activist
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414620006.497681.jpg

Anyone know what these guys are? Is it Ich? I had Ich on my beta but quarantined her and treated her and put her back in like two weeks ago and she hasn't gotten it again..??

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No not in this tank. Those aren't nerite eggs. These move and like jump or "fly" and land on some thing else like fleas with wings or some thing it's weird

If they are round then they are probably seed shrimp or ostracods. Harmless. Fish usually eat them. I see them in my shrimp tank.

That's so weird though like how did they get in there in the first place? I never thought I'd end up with bugs I had to live with in there other than treating for the occasional parasite

They probably arrived with plants though it is possible that they arrived with fish.

That **** tiger lotus I got from the aquarium boutique in Dallas.. Son of a!

Well, at least your fish have some live food. I recently got scuds from my LFS java moss. Now I have a 1gallon breeder tank for them, I'm gonna use them as live food for my soon to be shellies

I haven't seen my beta or frogs or anyone eating these guys thoug. And it's a 10 gal. So I'm gunna have to move some thing around here

If you don't have any inverts like shrimp or snails in there, then you could use a chemical to kill the bugs off, if you don't want them in there

Yah I put my nerites in there to try but iv been wanting some cherry shrimp too

Then chemicals are out of the picture, well i don't know what to tell you. Hopefully an older member could chime in and help.

Back
Top Bottom