Bulgy Angelfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flake

Aquarium Advice Addict
In looking at my tank this morning, i've noticed my angelfish has a huge bulge near the pectoral fins. Seems to be swimming fine, but I don't know what's going on. I didn't notice it yesterday and have no idea what could be going on.

None of the other tankmates seem unhappy, though neither does the bulgy angelfish.

Pic to come if I can get a decent one.It's not really that noticeable from the side. Head on shots are harder to get. D:

Okay so this was the best I could do. The angel isn't eating. (unusual) and being kind of aloof, so this was the best pic I could get.

img_1028211_0_615787ac5683260406d797ba1815f7d1.jpg

You can actually see the bulge a lot better from the side than I expected. The bulge is on both sides, looks like it tried to eat a marble.

I found something on infected swim bladders earlier, but he wasn't swimming weird. I found him face down in a plant earlier. I'm guessing that this may actually have had something to do with swim bladders. The lump had gotten bigger all day. very weird.

Poor angelfish. I just wish I knew what happened.

It might be constipated and sometimes feeding a blanched pea helps (shell off), but if it hasn't eaten, its probably not going to eat a pea either. Some people do epsom salt baths that help. Try searching on the site for how much and other specifics. I've never done it, so I don't know how much it helps.

Thanks for the help. I lost the angel. I didn't notice it till this morning, I dont think anything would have helped this late in the game. I didn't notice anything before but i've also had a busy weekend. I think it was just bad timing and bad luck :(

Oh no it's 2012 coming early.

Funky but almost looked like the fish was pregnant if it was a mammal.

Sorry about your loss.

Sorry for your loss flake. My angels look like that alot after feeding, although not as big, but it usually subsides in a couple hours. I was very concerned as well the first time I saw it. Now I regularly feed them peas once a week as a precaution.

Hope the rest of the fishies stay healthy for you.

Back
Top Bottom