Bumps/Pimples on Belly - Green Spotted Puffer Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laura Anne

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All, I recently inherited a Green Spotted Puffer fish and very new to the aquarium world. Over the weekend she has developed pimple like bumps on her belly and I am very concerned. :(

She had frozen blood worms on Friday, could it be a parasite?

She also had a vacation feeder in her tank over the weekend, could it be large bites of food?

Thank you for all of your help!!!!

Laura
Additional info:
1~What type of fish is afflicted? Green spotted puffer fish
2~What are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, pH)? salinity is at 9
3~ How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up? Tank has been set up several years. I did a 25% water change about 2 weeks ago and a filter change 1 week ago.
4~What type of filtration are you using? Tetra Whisper 10i
5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes? 1 green spotted puffer fish.
6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time? I'm guessing one year ago with previous owner.
7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them? She is a few years old and I have been taking care of her for a few months.
8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.? Aquasafe added with water change.
9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently? She is regularly fed dried blood worms and dried shrimp on a daily basis. She gets live shrimp and feeder fish every couple of weeks. Last Friday 1/8/16 she had frozen blood worms. She has had the frozen blood worms previously, but it has been at least a month or so.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 166
Edit- I just did a Google search and read a few sheets, I suggest you do the same. You're not doing it right, no offense but if you can find a forumn and post you can certainly find a care sheet and read.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom