Calling 911!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am so sorry to hear this! :(

Be careful using this med, especially if your ph is on the lower side of things. Plecos & cories are known to be sensitive to it as well. If you want to continue using it, you may want to only dose at 1/2 the amount but for a longer period of time. It may effect your good bacteria so be viligant on daily testing. Also, keep your lights off & do not get it on your hands. I honestly would opt for another form of less toxic treatment (if possible).

jlk said:
I am so sorry to hear this! :(

Be careful using this med, especially if your ph is on the lower side of things. Plecos & cories are known to be sensitive to it as well. If you want to continue using it, you may want to only dose at 1/2 the amount but for a longer period of time. It may effect your good bacteria so be viligant on daily testing. Also, keep your lights off & do not get it on your hands. I honestly would opt for another form of less toxic treatment (if possible).

This is the one that's totally infected....should I isolate him or would that make no difference....poor little guy he was once the bully of the tank now since I bought the other four I guess the pecking order has changed

Attachments

• image-1977668338.jpg
    image-1977668338.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 53
I also went to the pet store and she had something called Ick Guard by Tetra... is that safer to use and should I try that tomorrow after doing a WC?

The poor guy! You could treat him seperately with just salt but your tank still needs to be treated even if no one else has obvious symtpoms because the ich is now in your tank. Ok, I am not personally familiar with this product & Tetra makes a couple of different ick/parasite formulations. Does it list the 'active' ingredients on the box? Can you please list the ingredients?

jlk said:
The poor guy! You could treat him seperately with just salt but your tank still needs to be treated even if no one else has obvious symtpoms because the ich is now in your tank. Ok, I am not personally familiar with this product & Tetra makes a couple of different ick/parasite formulations. Does it list the 'active' ingredients on the box? Can you please list the ingredients?

Active ingredients are Victoria green and acriflavine.

Victoria green is just another name for malachite green- the same active, toxic ingredient in the other product you used.

jlk said:
Victoria green is just another name for malachite green- the same active, toxic ingredient in the other product you used.

Grrrrr.......

Lost another one this morning..

Still treating my tank and everyone else looks good. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can kill the ick in my tank before it attaches to anymore of my fish.

Back
Top Bottom