Camallanus attack please help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Riverscape1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

These past few days have been heart breaking and I’m really hoping I can get some help I have been googling this for hours and feel overwhelmed with all the information and still have questions!
Tank is 60 litres, 5 years old, the tummy noses are recent additions so guessing it came from them.
I have two electric blue rams, 4 black neon tetras (once five) and 4 rummy nose (also once 5) I found a dead rummy nose last night with the worms hanging out.
I have ordered some Levamisole due to arrive on Wednesday I’m just praying they can hold on but both rams seem pretty out of it, been feeding peas for the past few weeks as I noted some bloating.
I’m gutted only 5 weeks ago they were laying eggs together!

My questions are I have rabbit snails who have multiplied I have around 6 now, I’ve read they won’t hack the meds so am moving them to another tank,
Are they hosts for these gross worms? Do the snails need treatment of some sort?
If all goes well when can I re introduce them?
How many times should I treat?
How should I clean all equipment? Siphon, net etc,
Do I do a water change before treatment if so how much??
Shall I get rid of all sand/plants etc?

Also I’m sorry for lack of pictures but my instinct when I found the rummy was not to snap photos but get rid!!

Any info/help/guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• BBFF26BA-42B4-4478-9346-1DBAF84D8375.jpg
    BBFF26BA-42B4-4478-9346-1DBAF84D8375.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 62
I would sterilize any equipment that went into the tank like syphon, bets etc

I would dose three times for sure. First dose, let set, water change. Second dose in two weeks,repeat, so on and so forth.

Some say 2ppm dose, some say up to 12ppm. I prefer more then less

Back
Top Bottom