Camallanus worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wizardaire

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all i have been unlucky enough to get 3 of my tanks infected with these horrible red worms (camallanus) have treated with ABSOLUTE+ WORMER for last 4 days and been adding Fenbendazole to thier food but i think a few are now constipated but cannot find a set amount of epsom salts to add to the tank, they are 20 gal (uk) no shrimp or snails but does have a few plants, anyone can advise on the amount per gallon for epsom salts for putting in the tank (not making a bath seperate for them) the fish in the tanks are guppies including newborns.

You want Levamisole HCI for the worm .
Fenbendazole only works if eaten . Too often the infected fish won't eat enough to get properly dosed so medicated food is hit or miss.
Here is info and where to get Levamisole HCI ;
Levamisole, Flatworm Exit active ingredient Flubendazole & other chemicals for the aquarium
Camallanus Treatment - Use of Levamisole HCl
I also have levamisole if you can't get ahold of Charles ..

Thanks for reply , the Fenbendazole is added to the food,the wormer plus has Flubendazole as main ingrediant so is added to the water, I live in uk so cannot get Hci, altho i have ordered esha ndx which i belive is Levamisole as main ingredient but until that comes (going to be around a week) i need the right dose for epsom salt for my tanks to stop the constapation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom