Camallanus worms in 60 gallon planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettalover333

Aquarium Advice Regular
Current tank stocking:
-4 harlequin rasboras
-4 silver hatchetfish
-6 peppered cory cats (1 of them is still young, about 8 weeks old)
-5 skirt tetras
-1 powder blue dwarf gourami
-1 albino bristlenose pleco (2.5 inches)
Recently, I went on vacation for 5 days (over thanksgiving). When I left, I noticed that my angelfish Vesuvius was action slightly lethargic and his poop was sort of stringy. However he was still eating decently, so I wasn't too worried. I tested the water anyways, and all levels were normal.
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 20
I got back late Saturday night, and noticed he was still slightly lethargic, but I hadn't noticed any other signs, and he was still eating. It continued like this until yesterday. While I was at school, unfortunately Suvi passed. He didn't appear to have any injuries. I examined him, the only thing that appeared different was that his colors had faded. Luckily it appeared that no one else had nibbled on his yet. I was perplexed, all of my other fish seemed fine. I tested the levels yet again, but still got the same results. However, when feeding time came around, my albino bristlenose pleco was on the glass, and I noticed a reddish thing coming out when he was pooping. The worms haven't actually come out of his anus yet, they're still inside, and you can only see them when he's pooping through his skin. He is still eating normally, but I can tell he's having a harder time pooping. None of the other fish are showing signs. I already ordered Levamisole, it's supposed to be here in two days. So now, for the questions:
I read online that a dosage of 13pp is good for killing the worms, is that correct?
Some websites have said to do a water change immediately after treatment, while some say to wait three days?
Should the second treatment be two or three weeks after?
Do you think my fish will pull through? I know it can be very hard for them to pass the worms. Is there anything I can feed them to make it easier for them?
Thanks for your help. I really don't want to lose any more fish.

Back
Top Bottom