can i change the water during medication?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amitnarain

Aquarium Advice Freak
can i change the water during medication? how much time can a fish (pacu and parrot fish) survive without eating? coz i put medicine to kill white spot (ich) and im on the second day of the three day treatment and the water has turned yellow (medication colour) and the fish seem not eating food in that water. is it really safe to have water changes while treatment is in progress cao bactericide = death of beneficial bacteria = lots of ammonia = inadequate environment for fish.

btw does dechlorinating solution get rid of ammonia?

healthy fish can survive without eating for quite a wile but 4 days is my max.. Changing water is going to be a nessisty.. adding more meds or just plain aquarium salt will kill the ich.. and no dechlorinators get rid of ammonia, a couple of them are supose to bind it or something to that effect.. you have never said how big this tank is?

my tank is 20 gallons. i know its small for a pacu and 2 parrots. so dont remind of this again please. i will transfer them when they get bigger. my pacu who's got ich now has the right eye clouded. is that normal. of course it isn't. what should i do? continue meds?

since your doing a treatment for ich and using salt watch the eye and wait untill your ich treatment is done.. then if the eye still needs treatment you can do it then.. this actually a desision that is yours to make if a bacterial infection or fungus shows up durring a ich treatment.. but your have already put in what sounds like a anti-biotic and salt.. so for one thing I wouldnt use the heat treatment at this point if I were you and I would wait it out to see if the eye doesnt get better.. HTH

Back
Top Bottom