Can they handle the heat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rach101

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am planning on raising the tempature of my tank to try to save my fish from ich, but i dont know if my catfish, frog, or other fish can handle it being that warm

Well, they probably won't survive the ICH so make up your mind, Heat or Medicate? I'd research your tanks inhabitants real quick and see what their tolerance might be, some like the Frog and Cat might not be able to handle most med's being scaleless critters and lets face it, alot of med's don't work as advertised, heat does everytime!

i lost a molly to ich today and i thought my other one was dead but when i put the net in he shot up and tried to eat the net?! But hes covered in it now.. ive been slowly raising the temperature. Should i put salt in and if so how much?

If your using "Aquarium salt", put in one (1) rounded teaspoon per five (5) gallons. I'd use that dosage with any of the other salts that are good for aquariums too (Kosher ect..)
Your ICH case sounds pretty severe, good luck to you and your fish.

I have been using heat 88F, and salt, 1 tbls per 5 gal, for about 6 days and see no spots at all anymore!!! Going to keep it up for another 7 days to make sure. I also put a second airstone in as instructed in this forum. Also 20% water changes every other day. It seemd to be working, Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom