Cant do the 100 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hardparts2

Aquarium Advice Regular
My wife wants me to wait on the 100 gallon to see how I do with a 55 gallon which I am getting next week. On to the ? I really want to breed the Pseudotropheus Kennyi so I will be getting 1m and 2f, 3 to 4 inches. So that covers blue and yellow colors is there any suggestions on fish maybe red or black that I can put in I want alot of color. I understand that the kenyies are aggressive and I only have room for 60 inches of fish if I dont over filter which I plain to with a Magnum 350 pro and a aquaclear 500. If anyone has any ideas I would really like to here them. Oh I am going to do a fishless cycle. I dont want to mess this up but with a 55 g its going to be tough thats pretty small.

Thanks Alot Bob

I only have room for 60 inches of fish
You have room for 60 inches of peaceful fish. The inch per gallon rule doesn't always apply.
Since you want to bred these fish, count on aggression. To help the females cope with the male's attention, you should have at least 3, if not more females. I cannot in good conscience recommend putting in any other cichilds. Definately add a pleco--they are fun, but dull. S. petricola are synodontis that have cute spots and whiskers, as do S. multi~ (sorry, I am drawing a blank). These synodontis parasitize mouth brooders and have interesting behavoirs. Well, probably not what you want to hear if you want to breed Pseudotropheus Kennyi.

Oh I am going to do a fishless cycle. I dont want to mess this up but with a 55 g its going to be tough thats pretty small.
Fishless cycle is the same, no matter the tank size. Just make sure you are using straight ammonia with absolutely no soap!

shawmutt has kept P Kennyi and may have some sage words of advice for you. If he doesn't pop on, drop him a PM.

Back
Top Bottom