Catfish fin broken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OsciTheOscar

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ot completely severed but broken... Will it heal, grow to be normal or will it always be broken?

It will heal over mths with healthy water but it may never be the 'same' as it was. His quality of life wont be affected as long as he can still swim.

He can still swim, just with a wierd lookin fin... And it also has some net stuck to it, but thats happend to me before and its fallen off over time...

pretty sure its cartilidge... his fin got caught in the net i was catchin him with... it happends and i know, and i was tryin to cut the net around his fin, and he wiggled and i felt it break... it looks normal today but i know somethings wrong but he looks and acts normal... just had a bit of blue net stuck to him...

No more fish nets! They are a really bad idea. I use a gal size open-mouthed jug with a handle (a $1 at the dollar store-also good for scooping out water). Submerse in the tank & gently direct the fish into it-no one is hurt or stressed.

Back
Top Bottom