Cellophane Betta with Dropsy >_< ---Nevermind he died.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was just feeding my fish some steamed broccoli thingies to try and I see my cellophane betta fish just floating around the tank but he's dipping sideways and flipping himself over from being upside down and I notice his scales are raised just slightly all on his body. I just put him in a QT tank (which I had to take out my hermit crab that was molting in it and my bigger tank is in use so he's only in a 1 gal terrarium)and I put the medication in, hopefully that helps >_< I dun want my phantom to dieeeeee T_____T

He's not even breathing but he swims slightly every now and then or jets up to get air. I hate seeing him like this and I feel even worse he's gotta get up to breathe but I guess it's better that way cuz I can tell if he's still alive or not...My poor fishy....I hate dropsy he's my 3rd case... I saved my 2nd one though so I can only hope the best for him.

was this the 3rd case in this tank.. it sounds like its time to treat the entire tank with an antibiotic.. your tank is likely infected the illness is contagious.. HTH

It is the 3rd case but I just did a full water change and whatnot last month when I was doing the whole rock thing(not that I think that has anything to do with anything but i dunno). It never effects more than one fish at a time and it happened only once every one or two months, I saved the 2nd case before it got too bad, but I think part of it's something they're eating. I'm thinking it might be the shrimp treats cuz for some reason it just seems to happen when I give it to them but not all the time. It's odd though. I did read it can be something that they eat so they might've eaten a bad piece of food I didn't catch or something like that. I dunno, I might do that just incase but I have to do a water change anyways.

Back
Top Bottom