Cichlid w curved spine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CichlidLady0312

Aquarium Advice FINatic
A couple mnths ago I purchased a cichlid that had a curved spine. Hes been okay til today. He was acting like he was hungry but has been starting to float vertical and isnt moving as quickly like all of his other tank mates. Then as I dropped an algea wafer in my pleco turned and nibbled on the poor guy. Im assuming hes a goner? :/

Well it doesnt sound good does it. When you say float vertically, you mean tail heavy?
When the pleco sucked onto him what did he do?
Does he swim away from you?
Can he still move around the tank?

How is he acting? Does he float to the top and just sit there or is he constantly trying to push himself back under. When you say the pleco nibbled him, badly?

He could just be very bloated. Dont feed him for a day and see if it gets any better. If so try to feed him a deshelded boiled pea.

How is he acting? Does he float to the top and just sit there or is he constantly trying to push himself back under. When you say the pleco nibbled him, badly?

He could just be very bloated. Dont feed him for a day and see if it gets any better. If so try to feed him a deshelded boiled pea.

Hes a lot better today. Im going to skip a couple of feedings. Hopefully that will help

Back
Top Bottom