Clear Bubbles on Shubunkin/Comet Goldfish;Staying near surface

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smp10004

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello

We have a Shubunkin/Comet Goldfish that we have in a hospital tank that has made a great recovery from almost dying about 2 months ago (was chased by other Shubunkins/comets into a very shallow spot in the pond (we have an ~8,000 gallon koi pond) have a and half of its body exposed to the air until we found and saved it)...I just noticed a weird collection of air bubbles on it's under belly and side of it's face that were not there before...The fish is also visiting the surface of the water frequently (which is also unusual compared to its normal behavior) - at about a 45 degree angle (usually the fish likes to be in the bottom corners of the tank). I researched what it could possibly be, but none of the potential issues seem to fit...I am hoping someone can offer some insight as soon as possible! THANK YOU!

I tried adding photos of the fish, but was unsuccessful - if someone knows how, please advise! Thank you!

I cannot help with the fish, but you can upload to Imgur, then post the link here for the pictures.

I’m not sure if this is helpful, but I’ve seen the bubbles on my fancy goldfish before. Usually I see these after a water change when the fish is a little stressed. I think it has something to do with the slime coat. Normally it goes away. I know that’s not much, but I’ve seen this behavior before as well.

Back
Top Bottom