Cloudy Eye Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grimlock3000

Aquarium Advice Addict
My new Betta has a cloudy eye, what should I do? WHen I bought the fish, it was swimming against the glass a lot. Now I realize it was probably scratching whatever is on its eye. This is a new Betta who came this way, in a tank with fine water conditions (ammo/ite/ate). I thought the eye was normal until I got a really good look at the other eye.

The eye looks like it has a transparent layer over it, with a bump. Ich? :(

Update: ****ing ****! Looks like Ich, on of my Guppies has a shiny white spot right on her mouth. Time for some high temps, I know I should have put the Betta in QT with the Tetra, but I was affraid the Tetra would get beat up :(

Ack. That sucks grimmie. Keep a close erm...eye...on it; there may be an underlying bacterial infection on the eye as well.

The Guppies spot isn't Ick, looks more like a scar now from trying to jump out of the tank or something, and it is already healing. The Betta still might have Ick though, got the tank up to 86F right now, it did not take long since the tank was almost that high anyway. I checked the temp of the tank it it was 84.5 after being at 79F for months of my not touching the crappy heater. I replaced it with a Visi Therm. I am going try try to treat this with the high temps and whatever they have at a local PetLand for Cloudy Eye.

My New Years resolution is going to be to go one full month w/o a fish related issue. I feel pretty stupid about buying the Betta now, I should have realized why he was rubbing the glass.

Back
Top Bottom