Clown loach illnesses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bala shark

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys I have conquered every illness in my aquarium it's been almost a year without loosing a fish this morning I got up to a sad view that one of my clown loaches have past I inspected its body to determine cause of death looked healthy and that it hasn't been dead for more than a few hours maybe 2hrs judging by the coloration of its body and eyes, one thing I noticed when holding my little baby in the net when I turned his body around was slime and a lot of it sticking to the net, but this not any slime I encountered its transparent and very sticky it has no smell.

I am puzzled it seems as if my loach was in another fishes belly and got spit out? But it couldn't be they are the largest in the tank which is share by 20 or so tiger barbs, albino barb, platinum barb and green barb, oh an two angel fish, on that bothers me even more is why is there slime I just treated the angel fish with anti slime meds and I sterilised the water about 2 weeks ago with aquarium salt as I do once e every 2 months.

Is there anyone who has encounter this slime? And what is it called how did you treat it.

I was of the opinion salt was incredibly dangerous to loaches...

I was of the opinion salt was incredibly dangerous to loaches...

No aquarium salt I large quantities which is not diluted is very dangerous to any non scaled fish, the only thing know about my my tanks are my ph levels since they are all very well filtrated aerated and extremely clear my loach tank has a ph level of 6.8 according to my electronic ph reader which is soft and not hard only of my fish at all, another thing about aquarium salt is a destressor for you fish but its mainly used to sterilise your tank from any unwanted infections especially ich

Oh and I keep my loaches in a 400litre tank I bought them a 1450liter tank a week ago but I keep super red belly pharana in there

Aquarium salt does not sterilize your tank. Regardless of what filtration you have, it would be helpful to know readings for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate.

Aquarium salt does not sterilize your tank. Regardless of what filtration you have, it would be helpful to know readings for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate.

Hi salt does sterilise your tank I did some intense research on it, my reading are ammonia 0 nitrate 0 ph is 6.9

It can be used to treat certain diseases, but it does not sterilize the aquarium. There should be nitrate present in a cycled aquarium. What is the reading for nitrite?

It can be used to treat certain diseases, but it does not sterilize the aquarium. There should be nitrate present in a cycled aquarium. What is the reading for nitrite?

+1 many people will use the term incorrectly and claim it sterilizes the tank. But it does not. It will help cleanse the tank of certain diseases.

Back
Top Bottom