Columnaris?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hehe..
Actually, the Dechlor is after you've done & Drained the bleach treatment.
After you've emptied the bleach/water solution, rinse, rinse, rinse and rinse again with reg. tap water (or hose)...
After, before filling your tank back up, soak everything that (you've already rinsed 3-4 times) with 5x the Dechlor / water. This will ensure that No residue of bleach is left.
Drain again, and now you can refill for your actual aquarium setup.
Start the cycle all over again :(
Sorry for your loss'

Thanks supra, but what can I do with the water so that it doesn't effect anything else? btw, the prime didn't even affect the smell lol so thanks for the advice :). Also, when I add the dechlor water, can I use the tank to hold it, that way it dechlors the tank and the decor?

Mister, did you read the articles I posted???
After it's done soaking, rinse it until you can't smell the bleach anymore, THEN fill it with the 5x dechlor, and let it sit. Can you dump it in the driveway so your mom doesn't kill you for killing the grass?
I don't see why you can't put the decor in there too.

Lady (lol), I'm sorry, I was confused about that. And in my defense neither article said anything about adding the dechlor at 5x strength. The one that had to do with aquariums said to air dry then use as normal. I guess I could pour it in the driveway.

Ok so after rinsing everything a few times, its out there in 5x dechlor water. So how long should I let it soak and how long to let it bake (or should I let it bake, as in, under the sun of course.)?

hey guys, here's a newbie question for you.. does the columnaris stayin the tank if you don't bleach it? that would certainly explain the problem i have been having with my QT 10 gallon...

ok, so at the latest, I should have it back in the room by tomorrow night? I'll probably have to partially cover it up tho, so the dogs don't chew everything up.

Seeing as it's going to be rainy today, lol, I'll put it on the porch to air dry and I'll bake it Wednesday, which is supposed to be pretty much the only full day of sun.

That was a very interesting read. I wonder if the salt bath would work for African cichlids as well (as the article seems to mainly focus on discus) or even other various species of fish?

I tried the salt baths when this ripped through my mbuna tank. I tried every medication with Maracyn 1/2, Maroxy, Pimafix and Melefix and the only thing that stopped my strain was Jungle's fungus clear which a local African breeder recommmend.

Well that's good that you found a treatment. I hope I never have to deal with it again, but if I do I'll have to try that.

Back
Top Bottom