Columnaris?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here is a pic of my molly, sadly she passed away today. I think it is columnaris. She had been slightly sluggish for the last couple of days and I thought she was stressed so I was doing pwc's. The mouth fungus didn't show up until it was too late. Should I treat the rest of the tank and with what? I have 2 ADF's in the tank. Parameters ammonia 0ppm, nitrite 0 ppm, nitrates 20 ppm, temp 79 F, ph 7.4. I am so depressed I didn't catch this earlier. Heartbroken.

They say that sometimes the stress of birth can bring this on. I wonder if that had anything to do with it? All the other fish are fine. Although I did another pwc.

Thanks Jchillin for your sympathy.

They say that sometimes the stress of birth can bring this on

Very possible, and is why it's important to keep the female as stress free as possible, and with very clean water.

Sorry for your loss. Very nice lookin' fish. :(

Thanks devilshturtles. I have taken my other molly and put her in QT with salt and meds. She is showing signs of being afflicted. I have done pwc's on my main tank every day for 2 days. I took out some of the ornaments and disinfected them with bleach, rinsing them very well before putting them back in the tank. Is there anything else I should do to the main tank to protect it's other occupants?

Back
Top Bottom