Common Pleco Discoloration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SakMaster

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all, I am new to this site and need some help figuring out whats going on with my pleco. I have a 55 gallon tank with a pair of blood parrot cichlids, a cory catfish, and the common pleco(about 5 inches in length) currently the topic of discussion.
The tank has been setup and running for just over 2 and a half years, water parameters are totally normal and haven't fluctuated since setup. The Pleco was gifted to me about 9 months ago from a friend who had a glass break on his tank and needed a new home for his fish. He claims the fish, Carl, is a little over 2 years old if that matters. Now on to the issue:

Carl the Pleco is acting totally normal. Active and feeding, keeping the cichlids out of his cave home when they try to visit =, business as usual for the whole tank. However, in the past two weeks or so I have noticed a black spot on his nose? for lack of a better term. It does not seem to fluctuate at all with his normal color shifts. I will include a picture I took of it a I am writing this. Any help on what this spot might be and if I should be concerned for his health and his tankmates health would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 88
Back
Top Bottom