Concerned about obese betta. (3 months old)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lexi420

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405488226.154136.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405488239.190069.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405488262.295615.jpg

I usually feed my betta whatever it'll eat within 2 minutes. I feed her micro pellets 4 times a day as directed on the package.

she seems huge. She's always liked to remain towards the top of the water and even more so since I got my corycat fish in with her.

Is she just bloated? Is it safe to fast her when she's young? She won't eat the big pellets because they're too big for her mouth.

My serious concern is swim bladder disease.

Also, she's always eager to eat more. Nothing seems unusual. She just appears huge.

Probable over feeding. All the labels say to feed that much. They wanna sell more product ;) I feed my betta once a day, same time, 3-5 pellets. They are slow metabolism fish (not active swimmers) I fast mine one day per week for digestion. You can feed mashed, shelled peas too. Natural fish laxative. Hope he gets better!

Alright :) thank you. I'll fast her tomorrow and see if she'll take a pea the day after.

If I fast my betta, should I fast the cories aswell?

She tries to eat the flakes and spits em out.

Try to get her on the elliptical and run a kilo or two. XD Just kidding! Fasting her I guess would be best and I recommend feeding her twice a day after, the fish keeper above was right, the company's only trying to get you to buy more food. Keep us posted!

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Back
Top Bottom