confused about my betta? help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bryannao said:
well when i had him in he was immediately attacking my emerald cories and my green lantern platy..i was too nervous to keep him in, and my mom didn't want him in there either because she has little african dwarf frogs in there that she's overly protective of. -.-
but its alright because he'll have his own spacious home in a little while:)

He'll be THRILLED to have a bigger space. My males are in 10g tanks & they were quite entertaining when they were 1st put in because they didn't know what to do with all the space. They're pretty much in constant movement, so much more than they were in their little 1g containers. You'll be glad to have made the choice to get him a bigger tank.

Billbug68 said:
He'll be happy by himself, I've got mine in a 5gallon chi as well.

awesome! but i was reading the reviews on some, and they said their fish got sucked in the filter? have you had that problem at all, i'm nervous! if its really a problem i'll add some wire mesh over it so i don't lose my poor carl!

yeah, i'm really excited to get him out of a jar! i feel so horrible looking at him every day in that tiny thing! it was $52 hopefully well spent!

Nah, the filters flow is actually pretty weak. Plus there is a plastic piece over top of it. I can't see that happening. It's a cool little aquarium, it just evaporates really fast so you have to constantly top it off. They make a lid for it but I didn't really want one. My betta hasn't jumped yet but I've heard they can so be aware of that.

yeah, but mines been in an open top since i got him and he's never tried so i'm not worried about that really. uhm, so since there's so much space in the new tank, would there be any little cleaner buddy i could add in there for him? maybe a little shrimp?

My only other problem with it is the lights are right by the filter intake so the LEDs get dirty fast and the light starts to look yellow/green. You just have to keep it clean and well maintained.

oh, but that's not too bad. the lights give it a strange spotlight effect from what i see in your picture, kinda neat

bryannao said:
yeah, but mines been in an open top since i got him and he's never tried so i'm not worried about that really. uhm, so since there's so much space in the new tank, would there be any little cleaner buddy i could add in there for him? maybe a little shrimp?

You can try shrimp, but if he's already aggressive towards other fish, odds are they'll become a snack.

okay, maybe i'll get one extra in my order and try it out and if not just plop it in my 29 with the rest. i just don't want him to feel lonely, even though they usually are alone

look guys, i'm trying carl in my 29 again and he seems to be pretty comfortable this time! i hope it stays:)

here are the pictures:)

Attachments

• image-3890388245.jpg
    image-3890388245.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 58
  • image-2150680771.jpg
    image-2150680771.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 64
It's amazing how they can look so many different colors. Very handsome. I hope gets to stay in the 29g.

i know, i actually noticed that one side of him is dark blue and the other is a greener hue, cool! hopefully he's good in here, i went to soccer and came back and he's not nipping anymore, although my wag platys were hiding, i think they're a little intimidated but i'm sure they'll warm up!

since carl is doing so magnificent in the 29g flitting and flowing, and i ordered the chi already, i was at petco the other day and saw this beautiful betta that didn't deserve to be sitting in such filthy water, i had to get him! he's spazzing a little, and he looks kindof thin in person, but hopefully he gets to be cal and happy! here are some pictures!

Attachments

• image-4284645272.jpg
    image-4284645272.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 68
  • image-1220087642.jpg
    image-1220087642.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 65
  • image-1574814430.jpg
    image-1574814430.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 71
  • image-3474304562.jpg
    image-3474304562.jpg