Constipated or Pregnant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crepe

Aquarium Advice Addict
My white cloud who is still eating just fine just keeps getting more and more engorged. I don't think i've seen it defecate once but I haven't spent very long watching it. The area near its vent is showing some darkening and lots of red. I'm hoping she's pregnant but I'm not 100% sure. Picture:
dsc01373l.jpg

well white clouds are not livebearers so she's not pregnant. could be she's constipated or egg bound. try feeding some thawed peas. that will help if the fish is constipated.

I knew they were egg layers it's just more natural for me to say pregnant than gravid :D. Okay then I guess I'll have to go get some peas.

One of my white clouds looked similar. There is a vid in a "why is my water cloudy" topic I started a while back. I cut back on how much I was feeding them to cut down on the cloudiness (which worked by the way) and all of my white clouds have slimmed down nicely as well. Two birds with one stone! Speaking of which I should probably make a "hey it worked' video...

Back
Top Bottom