Cories stuck in filter intake?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guppyman34

Aquarium Advice Freak
As anyone ever had a Cory sucked into the filter intake? Today I noticed one of mine was sucked in, and he was still breathing, so I unplugged the filter and he dropped out, but he's not looking great.... He didn't seem unhealthy before, so I'm curious if it's just a freak thing? He is an older cory, but this was just weird. Oh, the water parameters are great.

Guppyman34 said:
As anyone ever had a Cory sucked into the filter intake? Today I noticed one of mine was sucked in, and he was still breathing, so I unplugged the filter and he dropped out, but he's not looking great.... He didn't seem unhealthy before, so I'm curious if it's just a freak thing? He is an older cory, but this was just weird. Oh, the water parameters are great.

Sometimes it happens. One of my kuhli loaches was living in my canister for a month before I even noticed he was there and he's still around now. I'm sorry if he doesn't make it :(

A pre filter would stop this from happening again

George9 said:
Sometimes it happens. One of my kuhli loaches was living in my canister for a month before I even noticed he was there and he's still around now. I'm sorry if he doesn't make it :(

A pre filter would stop this from happening again

A prefilter?

Guppyman34 said:
A prefilter?

I've never used one, but it's like an extension tube you put on your intake tube. At the end of the extension tube there's a sponge so nothing gets sucked in

image-4034872952.jpg

^thats what I do with my fluval 405
Even tho I don't have any fish that can get in there I just use it because it keeps the filter clean

Back
Top Bottom