Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-21-2020, 05:46 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Cory Catfish inactive

Hello, I have a 10 gallon tank with one Cory catfish and another albino Cory catfish. They have been in my tank for about 3months and have been very happy. Last month I finally added a female betta and they got along with the Corys. 2weeks ago I got 4 harlequin rasboras. Now both my Cory catfish are very inactive, all they do is lay at the bottom of the tank, and they donít eat, Iíve fed them sinking pellets, bloodworms, and even flakes but they donít even look at it. They just lay there all day long without swimming. Itís been a little over a week since theyíve been inactive and not eating. Whatís wrong with them? They look fine, no injuries or discoloration or anything. All the fishes in my tank get along fine so I donít think There is a problem with the tank mates. Please let me know if you have any suggestions on what to do. Iíve tried putting them in a separate tank to feed them but it still didnít change anything.

Old 03-21-2020, 06:46 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Have you tested your ammonia recently? Adding four new fish may have caused a spike. The results from a 5 in 1 test would help as well.

Old 03-21-2020, 07:05 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Hello,
Yea I had an ammonia spike a month ago but I took care of it so the water levels are perfect at the moment. I also added two live plants recently as well which are anacharis, so idk if that helps or affects the situation

Tags
catfish, cory, cory cat, cory catfish, fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com