cory death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably not an option for me in the uk to go to any online seller

I've not had any other problems or deaths since this post but I did see my albino cat push my three line Cory out the way. Should I increase the three line corys numbers to more than the albino?

I've not had any other problems or deaths since this post but I did see my albino cat push my three line Cory out the way. Should I increase the three line corys numbers to more than the albino?
Up to you. Honestly, my corys all are really intent on food and nudge each other away all the time. Its usually not a big deal. I am glad to hear you have had not more deaths or issues. If you more comfortable with a few more 3-line, then go ahead. But, the albinos get an inch bigger than the 3-line, so they will probably always nudge them a bit. I have so far never heard of a cory bully or anything, they just sometimes try to swim through other corys rather than around them. :)

It could be a small matter of underfeeding if the shrimp are eating the algae wafers also, I have 3 green cories and 3 albino and 18 RCS and I'm feeding 2 small algae wafers 3 times a day and everyone if thriving but its just a small possibility as i totally agree with the others that a new fish could have brought something in and I'd look at that first I just wanted to mention that the shrimp will eat the algae wafers also but I'm sure you knew that it just my opinion I could be totally wrong

Up to you. Honestly, my corys all are really intent on food and nudge each other away all the time. Its usually not a big deal. I am glad to hear you have had not more deaths or issues. If you more comfortable with a few more 3-line, then go ahead. But, the albinos get an inch bigger than the 3-line, so they will probably always nudge them a bit. I have so far never heard of a cory bully or anything, they just sometimes try to swim through other corys rather than around them. :)

Thanks guys

They are not skinny so think food is fine. Ill have a think about it.

Back
Top Bottom